понедельник, 3 декабря 2007 г.

Facebook Makes Changes to Beacon!

After a week of Facebook tracking our online purchases with an advertising program called Beacon, a petition was sparked by MoveOn.org which stated: "Sites like Facebook must respect my privacy. They should not tell my friends what I buy on other sites--or let companies use my name to endorse their products--without my explicit permission."


Over 50,000 Facebook users signed the petition and on Thursday, Facebook released a statement outlining changes to Beacon, although it still manages to lack an easy way to avoid participating. You may not be able to opt out of Beacon completely, but your purchases won't be published without your "proactive consent," says Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook. It will be interesting to see these changes in action and if Facebook follows through with their promises.

Source


Комментариев нет: